14 is a very special number to me today. It represents several things:
1. The number of times I thought to myself “this workout sucks”
2. The number of times I looked over and realized Stacy was more than 2 rounds ahead of me
3. At 14 minutes into this workout, I still only had 5 rounds.
4. The number of blurry pictures Bill took of the 7PM class
5. The number of mosquito bites I got on my ankles during this WOD
GOOD.LORD. I absolutely HATE AMRAP workouts, and this is the second day in a row I’ve had to do one. The workout was:
AMRAP in 20:00 of
5 thrusters (40/30kg)
7 hang power cleans
I set my bar down after completing round one, looked at Stacy and said something to the effect of, “Holy crap…this sucks”. She, of course, just kept cranking away beside me throughout the whole workout. I wish I had half the endurance in my legs that she has! In the end, I ended up with 7 complete rounds, and a bajillion mosquito bites. I was driving home and I realized that my legs were itching REAL BAD. Stacy and I thought we were being so clever by bringing our bars outside, but I got eaten alive! Brittany had the right idea, and stayed inside. Even though she was WAY sweatier than I was, I’m willing to bet her legs aren’t NEARLY as itchy as mine are today!
Here’s one of the many fabulous and blurry pictures from the 7PM class. 🙂